Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Splashing in the puddles!!!



We had quite a rain storm this morning, complete with BB size hail. However, the storm passed leaving a sunny, warm, muggy day...just perfect for splashing in puddles!!

Caden and Keira have funny little booty shake where they go "Chicka-chicka Baa-baa." Caden tells me it's from Alvin and the Chipmunks. I'm not sure exactly what he means, but it's hilarious and they do it ALL THE TIME!!! You'll see it several times in the video.

Another exciting find while out splashing were "water worms." Caden thought it was especially cool to splash around them and make them "come back to life and swim." If only it were that easy. Oh to be a child again!!! (We also found a squashed frog in the middle of the road, but we won't talk about that!)

P.S. Can you tell my kids dressed themselves today? It's a blessing they can do it all by themselves, so I just turn a color-blind eye to what they pick!!



Hope you are having a splashy fun day too!!!


As I was taking this picture, I was reminded how fleeting this time is. One minute the kids have little tiny feet and are running around me, the next they are off running around with their friends wanting little to do with me anymore. God, please help me to take pleasure in every minute I have with my kids, remembering I can't have these minutes back.

In other random news, Keira got her first REAL haircut last week. We've trimmed it a little before, but this cut was enough to keep and my hairdresser curled it after. (And she didn't charge me. I have the best hairdresser EVER!) Isn't Keira GORGEOUS!!!

We had small group at our house on Sunday. This is Keira outside waiting for our friends to arrive.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha too cute! Looks like quite the storm! Parker is going to LOVE watching this video:)He will be greatly disappointed though that you didn't get a close up video of the squashed frog:(

Bath time must have been glorious!!!!

miss you guys!!!

wagners of rock said...

Eowyn wanted to splash too! Fortunately we have had lots of rain, unfortunately, she's had a runny nose. So we just talked about how much fun it was for "cousin caden and keira cousin"!
LOVED the video!