Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The rock has been removed!



Cade has his tubes put in this morning and his precious rock was removed. As you can see, it was really tiny. Curt told me this morning that that was the only rock I was getting for Christmas. I think it may also be the most expensive rock I own!

Cade's first words when I saw him in recovery were "Did I pop the balloon?" I guess the O2 mask they use to sedate him has a balloon on it for him to blow up. He must have been trying really hard to pop it because it that was the last thing he remembered!

His ears are draining A LOT of gunk, it's hard to imagine that all that was backed up behind his tympanic membrane. I can't believe he didn't complain about it hurting him. Actually, he complained more about it hurting after the surgery than before. It must be a weird feeling for him to have all that coming out and be able to hear much better also.

Here he is at home relaxing. He feels much better with cotton in his ear, so you can see it sticking out.



When I went to wake him up this morning, this is what I found. I guess he decided his bed was too cold and needed to camp out on the floor next to his heater. He's such a funny guy!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Oh my! I'm glad he is doing better!

Margaret said...

Hooray for rock removal!

See you tonight! :)

Nicole said...

Woo-hoo!!! Glad it went well and he was a trooper.. Now, he can't use the excuse that he didn't hear you when he doesn't do something:)

wagners of rock said...

Wow. I'm so glad you are all alright! :)
we love you and miss you.
Auntie Bons