Sunday, February 15, 2009

Say what??

Yesterday, we were getting into the car and Cade had just shown me some pennies he had found on the ground. In the meantime, Curt noticed Cade wasn't exactly making the best choice about getting in to the car.

Curt said to Cade, "C'mon, Cade, use some sense."

Cade replied: "I'm not going to use it, Dad, I'm going to put it in the bank!"

Curt was completely puzzled by that remark, and it took me a second to realize that Cade was confusing sense with cents!! Curt and I had a good laugh at that one and an English lesson followed with Cade learning what common sense is. We are constantly reminded that Cade is growing and learning every moment of every day. We have so much fun with our sweet almost 6 year old boy!!

4 comments:

wagners of rock said...

i LOVE it!!!!

sarah said...

Funny!
6?!?!?!!! How time has FLOWN!
My baby nieces and nephew are getting SO BIG. You guys(Rachel, Bonnie, and Mandy) better pop a few more out:)

Grubb Family said...

No more babies popping out of this body anytime in the next 4 years...and probably not ever, but we haven't officially said never yet. I think you are next in line to put a bun in the oven.

Grubb Family said...

No more babies popping out of this body anytime in the next 4 years...and probably not ever, but we haven't officially said never yet. I think you are next in line to put a bun in the oven.