Anyway, back to Father's Day. We got home from Nashville around 9 pm on Saturday night, so Curt unloaded the car and I got busy working on his Father's Day gift. He had STRICT instructions to avoid the scrapbooking room and he was mostly good about obeying. I already knew what I needed to do, so it didn't take me too long to put it all together.
We got up early, had breakfast together and the kids gave Curt his present, a Michigan freezer mug. He was sooo excited!! Now he can pull his out anytime Lonnie is over since Lonnie got an Ohio State one while we were on vacation. Before we left for church I managed to get a picture of all my monkeys dressed up in their Sunday finest. Are they adorable/handsome??!! I am so blessed!
After church, Margaret and I had planned to have lunch together since the boys were getting a combo gift. We couldn't wait to surprise them!!! We got to the restaurant a little early and while we were waiting for our waiter we let the boys open their gifts.
These pictures crack me up because you can see the progression from happiness, to surprise, to supreme giddiness.
"Oh yay, more Michigan/Ohio State stuff"
"Wait, what does that say? You're kidding, right??!!"
"Yep, I have the best wife in the world because she got me a TICKET TO THE MICHIGAN/OHIO STATE GAME!!!!" That's right everybody, Margaret and I planned months and months ago, probably starting around Christmas time to get the boys tickets. It wasn't easy, but we succeeded and the boys get to go the their Holy Grail of football games. So happy to be able to give them such a wonderful gift.
The whole crew
No comments:
Post a Comment