Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ice skating!!!!

Today Cade's Cub Scout group had reserved the local ice skating rink for the kids, so we bundled up and headed on over to the rink. The kids have been DYING to go since this is a new rink for our town and they've never been ice skating before. It was a beautiful day, very cold but sunny, so we just couldn't pass up the chance.  Cade is a pretty good roller blader, so I had no doubt he'd do fine once he got use to it. Keira on the other hand still has a hard time keeping her balance on roller skates so we wen't sure how this would go. Luckily, the skating rink has kid size "walkers" (or should I say "skaters" HAHAHA!) to help the little ones keep their balance (and helped save Curt's back).

Here are a few pics and videos of the event.

Keira and her "walker"

Cade still learning but doing great

My handsome man and Keira getting brave.
Hard to believe that 13 years ago Curt and I went skating for one of our first times to hang out as friends and here we are, married for 11 years and 2 kids later still having fun together!!!

What a great looking bunch!

Keira first learning to skate. This is the BEFORE video. She is such an independant little thang. If you listen closely you can hear her fighting Curt, not wanting him to help her. And she had just got on the ice for the first time!! Soooo stubborn!

AFTER.  Look how much better she's doing!!!!!

Caden cruising around the rink. This is still pretty early in the day (I can tell because he still had his jacket and gloves on. He got soooo sweaty after a little while, but he's still taking antibiotics for strep throat, so I didn't want to push my luck. He eventually talked me into letting him take off his jacket, but the hat had to stay. I'm such a mean mom!!) His skating got even better and he was much more confident by the end of our time skating.



1 comment:

Margaret said...

That before video of Keira is absolutely hysterical! She looks like a baby deer learning to walk on ice.
Glad you had fun!