Since the roads were so bad and we couldn't make it to a hill to sled, we improvised and used the abundance of snow piles to make our own sledding hill. I especially love the kids comments after each ride down. I never knew what I was going to get. I think at one time Caden made up a song and started dancing. Here are a few of my favs. Oh yeah, no making fun of us, we did shovel the road! It was necessary if we ever want to get out of our drive once the plow comes down our road in about three days.
These are our gigantic piles of snow in the afternoon around 4:00. Notice how high the piles of snow are on top of the roof and window ledges. CRAZY!!! I thought we had moved to the south to get away from this much snow in the winter! Curt and I were both having not-so-fond memories of our teenage years in the Midwest.
We had to shovel again after the morning since we got another inch or two after the first shoveling. This time the sun was out and had started to melt some of the sidewalk and drive. Which was great, but the snow was a little heavier this time around. :-( I have a sneaking suspicion we are both going to be VERY sore in the morning.
Keira on our neighbors pile of snow. I think she was Queen of the Mountain for one brief second.
Is this guy handsome or what?? He LOVES snow days!
And yes, I am pretty sure she is destined to be a cheerleader. I don't have to say a word. I just pull out the camera and voila -insta-pose!
Snow fort number two, complete with camo on top thanks to the bush that died this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment