Sorry it's been so long since a post, but the last week has been crazy. I finished my Organic Chemistry I class this Friday with my final. Thank goodness it's over!!!! I survived but am anxiously awaiting my test grade. On top of studying for my final, it was one of the busiest weeks ever at work and I picked up 2 extra shifts to help out. And I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Needless to say, but I'm sure the family will be happy to see me return to them fully next week. I start Organic II on Monday, but it'll be a few days before I have to get into the thick of studying again.
The kids are doing great, being their usual silly selves. We are loving summer evenings because all the neighborhood kids come out around 6:30 and we pretty much have a block party until 8 or 8:30. We've become pretty good friends with several of our neighbors and Caden LOVES his friends Caiden Scott, Luke, and Kai. In fact, Keira can't (or doesn't) say many peoples names, but she has Caiden Scott down. It sounds more like "Ah goo got" but she is very clearly talking about her buddy Caiden Scott.
Of course, having a bunch of boys running around playing all the time does have it's...odd or embarrassing moments. Like the night we looked over across the street and one of the boys little brother (he's about 2) was standing out in front of their house completely buck naked, just hanging out. Will had to holler at his brother to head in and get some clothes, as his twin brother came running out of the house wearing only a diaper. I guess that's what happens when there are 5 kids under the age of 7 in the house. Sometimes they escape naked. There was also the night that the boys returned from taking a "potty break" only to drop their drawers and use the front lawn as a public potty. They play cowboys and superheroes, and race around on assorted bikes, scooters and tricycles. This is the way to spend the summer!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment