Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sleeping Beauty


This is Keira at her absolute most precious. Unfortunately, lately this has been the sweetest she is all day. She's gotten a bad case of the terrible two's paired with a little bit of separation anxiety that came out of nowhere a month or two ago. My previously independant, silly, happy girl has turned into a whining, crying, fussy, clingy, "Hold me" monster. As much as I enjoy her snuggles, it's a little hard to go to the bathroom only to come out to a little girl in tears saying "I was looking for you and I couldn't find you!"
The kids don't understand yet that I'm going to be gone a lot more starting in August, so I don't think that could have any impact on her current behavior. Any suggestions for maintaining my sanity? I could use all the help I can get, especially since Ethan is going to be joining our daily routine three days a week soon.
All that being said, I can still look at that picture and say, "What a sweet girl!" I guess I haven't totally lost my mind yet.
P.S. Doesn't she look soooo much like Margaret!!!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Yeah, when I first saw that picture, I thought, "Wow! That looks like me!" Crazy...
If only my own child would look like me!

I know I've only been a parent for 2 months now, so I'm in no position to give advice. But just remember that it's only temporary! They call it the terrible twos for a reason - she'll grow out of it. Maybe a lot of praise for the times that she's not being a terror will help. I know a lot of kids feed off of praise, so you just have to catch them being good.

Hopefully Ethan won't put too much more stress on you guys. But he'll love hanging out with his cousins and favorite Aunt Rachel! :)

Nicole said...

hmmm.. ok, well Lillie has been in this "hold me" stage for 3 years, 2 months, and 9 days and I am still trying to figure out what to do and how to stay sane somedays! It is crazy and someday I might miss it but right now at this very moment I would give anything for her to let me pee in peace, fold laundry without her hanging onto me, type this post without her in my lap...good luck. Hopefully it will be a quick phase... quicker than ours anyway. Maybe she senses something with Ethans arrival. You guys are close enough that I bet a cousins arrival could be as impacting as a new siblings arrival.. maybe???
I do notice that Lillie is less clingy after she goes on her "Daddy dates" Saturday mornings...maybe some one on one time might help... wish I had more to offer...

love ya~

JulieC said...

Does she have her 2 year molars yet? Kate just got hers and it was TERRRRRRRRIBLE. She never said her mouth hurt, but she was SUPER clingy and whiney. But,yeah, she's whiney a lot these days...maybe this is a phase (I HOPE!).

Love ya!!!

wagners of rock said...

Nothing, NOTHING! has prepared us for the (female) terrible two's.
I sympathize with you there, we are full on in them.
My only suggestion for sanity is to find out what she likes best to do/watch and milk it for all it's worth.
believe me, i've tried everything from screaming to snuggles. This is just a phase we have to hunch down and bear through. :(
love and understanding,
sis in law

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been a parent for eight years, and I can tell you this is an easy fix! All you have to do is install a window in your bathroom door. That way she can see everything that's going on and life will be perfect!! Feel free to ask for advice any time! -Shad