I know I certainly can't believe it! Since most of you don't get to see Caden on a daily basis, I thought I'd give you all a little run down on what he's up to these days.
-Cade hasn't lost any teeth, but his 2 bottom front teeth are VERY wiggly.
-He's into very "boy" things - Power Rangers (his fav is the blue Ranger...not really sure why), Star Wars (he always has to be Anakin), cowboys and ninjas.
-LOVES playing outside - and I mean REALLY playing outside. Frequently comes home from school covered in mud and dirt and the first thing he wants to do when he gets home is go play in the back yard.
-Is much more comfortable around Reggie (our dog), he actually plays with him when he's outside. This is a huge step for Cade!!
-Is an avid reader, loves reading everything around him. In fact, he asks to keep the cereal box on the table so he can read it while he eats his breakfast. (Remind you of anyone Mom??)
-Must be going through a growth spurt because he eats NONSTOP!
-He's a very adventurous eater - he'll try just about anything. He loves seafood, especially shrimp, and steak. Yep, he's got an expensive palate.
-He's still a sensitive little guy. He doesn't require much discipline other than talking to. Tears come quickly when his feelings get hurt or he's disappointed us.
-I think he's hilarious! I know most parents think their kids hung the moon and I'm no different. He's got his dad's clowning ability and does some great voices and silly faces...unfortunately he's kinda hard to calm down when he's in his wild and crazy mood.
-He was chosen to be a Student Ambassador last semester at school because of his leadership abilities among his peers. Did I mention he LOVES school!
-Caden has several responsibilities at home. They include: setting and helping clear the table after meals, clean his room each night, help Keira in and out of the car, empties small trash cans on trash night, and he helps put away laundry.
-Loves to play on the computer. Has many sites that he frequently asks to play on, many of which he learns about at school.
-Cade is very creative and imaginative. He can sit and play by himself with his toys and books for hours without needing anything. He's really independant in that area. It's really amusing to listen to him playing in the bath and all the silly things he comes up with. Goop Monster and Santa clause are 2 of my favorites during a bubble bath.
-Prefers showers over baths
-Is very concerned about being a good friend. Talks about his friends at school all the time and wants to be a good friend to them.
-Is an excellent cousin to Ethan. He's always watching out for him and trying to "help" him whenever possible.
-Still a movie junkie. He's completely lost to the world when the TV is on. For that reason, our TV is not on very much.
-Doesn't take naps anymore, even when he REALLY needs one. Curt says he's too busy being busy.
-has an amazing memory. Remembers random facts told to him once...such as mom and dad's anniversary!
-refuses to learn to ride a bike...don't know why!!!
-favorite saying "I wish I was grown-up, then I could do whatever I want." He uses that start A LOT - "I wish..." Most of it has to do with his imagination (like wishing he could be a dog so he could run fast), but sometimes he's just wishing for stuff he wants...like toys!
-One surprise for us is that he is still REALLY blond. We figured his hair would start darkening by now (like Curt and I as children) but maybe he'll be more like Uncle Mark and keep his blond hair until his teens!
-A typical day for Caden includes waking up at 7:00, getting dreassed for school, breakfast, and off to pick up our neighbor for school at 7:45. School is over at 3:00 and he goes to to Adventure Club at his school until Curt gets off work at 5:15. They head home for a quick dinner, to the gym so Curt can work out, then home by 7:30ish. Baths, homeworks, books, songs and prayer and it's time for bed!! It's a busy day, but he's doing great and thriving!
-Vital Stats: Weight: 45 lbs, Height: 48 in, shoe size: 12- 13, clothes size 6 - mainly for length, he's still tall and skinny :)
I guess that about sums up my boy in a nutshell. Hope you've enjoyed learning about Caden at 6 years old!!
I love you sweet boy...you'll always be my baby, no matter how old you get!
1 comment:
I, of course, LOVE the pictures, but I think this has been my favorite post so far. Wow, what a lot of Caden. I hear some of our family in those details...more me than curt, though! ;)
Love you,
auntie bons!
Post a Comment