Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy birthday to me!!

This is starting out to be the best birthday ever! I didn't have classes in LR on Thursday, and due to some events happening at our house, I decided it would be best for me to come home on Wednesday. The weather had forecasted a huge storm to hit Arkansas Thursday night and Friday, but I thought I would either make it back in time for school (and a big test) on Friday, or school would be cancelled. Lucky for me, the storm was big enough to cancel school and I got to stay home!! Not that I would have been able to make it to LR anyway because the bad weather hit here before LR and the roads are terrible!!!

So birthday wish #1 - No school and more time at home with the family!!

Birthday wish #2 I didn't even have to wish for. My kids are just extra special and brought me a wonderful birthday surprise - breakfast in bed!! They got up before me and made me breakfast all by themselves. I woke up to them singing "happy birthday" and holding a breakfast tray. They are the BEST!!! I was a little worried the kitchen would be a wreck, but they didn't make a mess at all. They even put the waffles and syrup up after using them. Did I mention my kids are amazing!!!

Here is Caden with my beautiful breakfast in bed.


The scene out my back door. The picture doesn't even do it justice because the snow is still falling - ALOT! I anticipate at least a few more inches before it stops.

1 comment:

wagners of rock said...

Great post! So glad you get to stay home for your birthday weekend. I hope everyone is feeling much better. Love you,
Bons and Eowyn