![]() |
| Customize your own free scrapbook |
Keira's dance recital was this afternoon and was absolutely adorable. The theme was Disney "Where Dreams Come True" and all the acts had songs from Disney movies. I think Keira was just as excited to see all the different costumes as she was to actually dance! She would tell you: "There was Belle, Cinderella, dogs from 101 dalmations, the Lion King, and Mary Poppins." There were actually MANY more, but she didn't recognize some of the songs. As you can see, her class was Snow White and so very cute!!
The recital was going great...until it was time for her routine. They were song 19 in the first act and they started dancing, but about 1/3 of the way through "Hi Ho" the song stopped, the lights went out and they were rushed off stage. I think the girls were completely confused by the whole thing. The next song and dance routine went on and they brought the girls back out. Again, no song. They stood up there, poised and ready for about 30 seconds before they rushed them of the stage again. By this time, I think Curt was about ready to fight someone! Don't mess with his baby girl!! LOL! He could tell the girls were getting a little frustrated, which made him a LOT frustrated. So they finished up the normal schedule, and at the very end of the first act, the announcer even announced overhead that they had worked out the kinks and were going to let our girls dance now. Out they came, the lights came on...and no sound! AGAIN!! Keira and her little friend Julia on her right looked like steam should be coming out of their ears at this point in time. So what did they do?? Closed the curtain right on them!!! Since Keira was front and center I could see her face as the curtain was closing and she looked so sad and very confused. I seriously thought Curt was going to get up there and start singing the song for them so they could perform their dance.
Intermission went on as planned and all of our girls parents gathered to discuss the events. It was rather amusing to see how frustrated the dads seemed to be more than anyone. After intermission, our girls finally got to dance and they did great! I was worried they would be unfocused, but I didn't need to worry. They got out there and enjoyed themselves. I was so proud of my baby girl! Their second routine, their ballet routine, went off without a hitch.
Curt and I bought Keira a dozen yellow roses and a Snow White Barbie to present to her after the performance. Caden used his own money to buy her a giant Pixy stick butterfly wand. He was so proud to give it to her. I think I will always have that moment in my mind's eye. "This is for you Keira, you did really good." He was almost shy and timid when giving it to her. I think he was really proud of his sis! We are too!!!

3 comments:
LOVE IT! Ethan and I are enjoying watching it over lunch. I really enjoye seeing it all together; since I was taking pictures I didn't really get to see much. She was the star of the show!
And now Ethan wants to 'do adin.'
Can't wait to see you guys!
porn [url=http://pornushi.ru/english-version/hd-porn/site-733.php]the hun g3p porn[/url]
Post a Comment