However, we choose to look at the glass as half full and though Cade didn't win a trophy and came in last in every heat his car was in...THE WHEELS DIDN'T FALL OFF!!!!!!! That was our goal going in and we met it! Yippee!!!!!!
Somehow, I never managed to get a picture of our awesome Grubb-mobile. I can't believe it! Just envision a magnificent red,white and blue swirly flag-motif flag that was masterfully designed by Curt and you've got it. Hahaha!
Cade and his best buddy Christian (and Easton hiding behind)
Goofy kiddos. Unfortunately Caden has gotten into this phase of goofing off and making a silly face in every picture. Mama is NOT happy about this!!
This is the best pic I have of Cade's car. His is the one on the far right side.
We had a lot of fun this year and learned a lot! This year we are in a different Pack than we were last year. This pack is the largest in our area and they are SERIOUS about the pinewood derby. We have this awesome track with electronic time keeping and a huge TV screen to keep track of all the (extremely) organized heats, making sure that each car runs at least one time on each lane so everything is fair. Holy cow! When we looked at the other "kids" (ahem, dads, cough, cough) cars before the races started, we knew we were majorly out of our league. Some of these cars were works of art! I should have taken pictures of them!!!
Oh well, we had a great time and next year Curt, oops, I mean Caden, will do a much better job ;)
1 comment:
Ok-Cade's goofy face looks exactly like Curt's goofy face...and I seem to remember Curt making a goofy face in most pictures too! ;) -julie C.
Post a Comment