Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow Day










Cade came running into my room this morning proclaiming "It's snowing Mom! There's snow on the ground. Let's go play!!" Of course, my first reaction was "Great, let's make a snowman!" Just kidding!!! You all know that is soooo not me. After 18 years in Michigan, I'd be okay with never seeing snow again!! My reaction was to roll over, groan, and think "Why does it have to be snowing. Now school will be closed. What are we going to do all day?"
I don't know what the rest of the day will bring, but this is how we spent our morning. Margaret and Lonnie came over and motivated me to spend 20 minutes bundling the kids up to go outside, then Lonnie played with the kids in the snow while Margie and I shivered and took turns taking pics. (Curt is hard at work while Lonnie is playing hookie. We're hoping Curt will come home early since it's still snowing pretty hard.)
The kids came in, had hot chocolate and an exciting game of fun and consequences, and are now in the bath full of bubbles getting warm and clean at the same time. (they are also currently singing "We wish you a merry Christmas." How goofy are they!) We may even decorate boxes for Valentines Day later if we get ambitious. Mainly, I plan to love and snuggle with my kids all day and treasure the joy that they are, even if the house doesn't get cleaned (it can wait until tomorrow), laundry doesn't get done (we have plenty of clean clothes) and dinner may not be gourmet (is it ever?!!). Hope your day is as love filled as ours is!!!




I love hearing Keira say "He throwed that at to me." I've never heard her say that before, but it's awfully cute with her smile and infectious giggle. Notice Caden in the background in his own little imaginary world with Buzz Lightyear. If only I had an imagination like him!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! I love hearing Keira talk. I hope you're writing it all down so you can embarass her when she's all grown! :)

Jenny said...

they look so sweet playing in the snow! maybe next year cole and i can come over and play too!